Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Wednesday 8th April 2020....Day 53!!

Another sunny and warm day and today Boomer and I

returned to the nine waterfall trail that we visited last week when I took a wrong turn at the start and added 8 km more to the hike and then when we reached the first waterfall it started to snow and rain and I was cold so we turned around and came home!!


So what a difference a week makes this time I hiked in shorts with no shirt.


We took the Highway towards Comex and parked on the big at Nile Creek and accessed the trail and this time I turned the correct way!!


The trail follows the river and some people have spent a lot of time working on the trail with boards and steps and ropes....








Boomer was in front with of course his stick...








It was about 5 km to the start of the waterfalls..







then we climbed up the trail stopping to photograph each fall..










They were all spectacular.....


This is where we had lunch..





This waterfall was too high to get in one shot so imagine this is the top of the waterfall..





And this the bottom half.....







I lost count of the falls but it was a great hike about 11km....


Again the usual procedure when I get home, dinner, bath and the blog!!


I correspond regularly with about seven of my students which is really lovely and Paty sent me these photos of the two main streets in SMA...so eerie to see them deserted!!



This is the Main Street you can never get a parking place here..





Then Andrea sent me photos of her son’s second birthday party....






What a cute couple!!





So here is the next instalment of what the  silly British pension office is putting me through...


I am not happy with my bank of 30 years and have sat the process of changing to my new bank RBC.....most of the work is done but I need to inform the British Pension office of my new bank name and account number..easy right????


Because of the office hours and time difference in the Uk I got up early on Monday morning to call them...waited about ten minutes and got a lovely lady on the phone and I told her what I needed to do..she asked me several questions which only I could answer and said she would be right back....ominous!!!


She came back to me and said it seems like I have a power of attorney listed and only that person can change the account details.


This floored me and I told her you know I am the account holder all I want is for you to change the bank information and she politely told me the power of attorney had to do it..there was no budging her!!


So I called my Brother, Malc, gave him the information I thought relevant and he called the office Tuesday morning.....I received an email from him when I woke saying he had called but they asked him questions he did not know the answers..one of them was the date of my divorce...WHAT?????..I got divorced bi think in 1982 but have no papers at all showing the exact date.

They also wanted the amount and date of my last payment.


I gave Malc this information and he called again this morning and when I called him this morning he told me they asked him the questions he answered them and then they told him that he was not the person listed as the power of attorney..WHAT!!!!!!


Then they told him that I had to go to a lawyer get a letter revoking the power of attorney and mail it to them with the new back information!!!


I think what happened that many years ago I added Heather as my power of attorney and I guess I may have informed the British pension office of this and I presume she is the power of attorney they need to speak to.


So the plan is for to get up early tomorrow morning and call and I will ask to speak to a manager and see if I can resolve this and if they insist on talking to the Power of attorney I will get Heather to talk to them...it seems to silly for words!!☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️


As usual stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!

1 comment:

Croft said...

No one can do bureaucracy like the Brits!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...