Thursday, April 09, 2020

Thursday 9th April 2020..Day 54!!

Well for the first time in 26 days a different day for me and Boomer!!


I took him out from the house walking at 10 am this morning and we walked for 90 minutes...


Found a nice trail for him ..







Also passed a few of the power and electrical boxes around town.













A very famous body painter artist, Jeff King, was commissioned by the city a few years ago to paint all the boxes and he used his imagination and his work is very good and I like the fact that I have yet to see one of his boxes ruined by graffiti!!


I always take a picture of this sign and always say, so where do the fast seniors cross??  OK English humour!!





I got showered and cleaned up and went out to Parksville to meet three of my poker buddies and their wives.


We have not been playing and decided to meet to catch up but more importantly to have a small celebration of life for another player, Gary, who passed away a week ago after a courageous five year battle with cancer.


You can tell by the photo that we were good about our social distancing and you can tell by the clothes and the blanket it was very cold, but sunny!!




Nice to see the boys again!!


I then went down to Bowen park which is a municipal park and still open and spent 45 minutes on the tennis wall...this really felt great!!





Usual evening routine!!


Finally an end to the British pension saga...I got up at 6 am this. Morning and did speak to a manager who only told me what they told Malc yesterday that only a power of attorney can make the bank changes.....so Heather so kindly got up and spoke to the manager and whilst I stood next to her I gave her the answers to his questions and I finally got my new bank put on my account!!


So I certainly hope next month my pension money goes where it is supposed to!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...