Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Tuesday 14 th April 2020...Day 59!!

I think today was nicest day since I arrived on the island!!


Boomer is still grounded and I had researched on the Internet and found two very out of the way waterfalls, so off I went on my own.


Lower Banon creek waterfalls was quite easy to find and very accessible and I parked the car and walked maybe 300 yards down to the river....


This is the first thing you see which is not very attractive...





But past this is the lovely clean river in a small canyon....and the best news no one at all in sight!!













Plus a pleasant waterfall..










I walked along the banks and tried to find a way to cross over but could not, I am sure in warmer waters I would just have waded over!!


I had my lunch and enjoyed the sounds of the river and the quiet!!


Now I went off to find the Upper Banon falls..this required me going through gates and onto logging roads...








..I had good directions and found the place to park but could not find the trail..I will have to do more research and come back another day!


What I did find was the south end of Stocking Lake, which looked so serene...








I will come back when I have more time as I did not want to get caught in case they closed the roads!!


Went to hit some tennis balls..





 for a while before getting home around 5.30pm.


Hope you all had a good day!,


stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...