Monday, April 06, 2020

Monday 6th April 2020..Day 51!!

I needed to call the British Pensions office in England

about changing my bank for my British pension deposit so because of the time difference I was up at 4.30 am and made the call.


It took me about ten minutes on hold and then connected to a nice lady who by asking me questions confirmed it was me and I told her I just wanted to update my new bank information.


She came back to me and said you may think this is crazy but I am sorry we show that you have a power of attorney listed on the account and they are the only one who can make the change.


I told her she was right I did think it was crazy here I was confirmed and the recipient and not allowed to give her one change of address and account number.


She was very polite but firm.......go figure....so I called Malc and he will call maƱana!!


I could not get back to sleep so stayed up reading and then at 8 am starting cooking and finished up two hours later with some nice frozen meals for myself.


It was a beautiful day and supposed to be nice all week so Boomer and I took advantage and went on two waterfall hikes.


The first one here....





The trail was lovely through the woods...





he loves his sticks....





Then down into the base of the water falls...







I then found a trail that took us up a little bit...







This was a good hike I reckon maybe 8 km.


The next waterfall I read about on the Internet  and got directions, good job as there no signs at all and for you Peter it is located by the turn off on Sommerset Road in Nanoose, by the Arlington pub!!


About 1 km to the turn off into the woods and we were a ways away and obviously on the wrong trail but the view of the falls was great...





Do you see anybody in the above photo???


Now you do...





We back tracked and went further along the trail and did find the path leading down to the falls and it was almost a sheer drop down but with ropes!!!


You might find this hard to believe but I made yet another smart choice in deciding not to go down with Boomer, I am pretty sure he would have been OK going down but not so sure about coming up ...but these waterfalls look really great so after I take him out tomorrow I will come back on my own and go down to the base....they are only about a ten minute drive away from the house.


So we had a good time and I even had my shirt off it was lovely and warm!


The same usual routine for the evening...


This is taken Front my living room..the mountains look lovely!  That is an eagle in the middle right!!





Poor Zach....he is a golf Professional and was supposed to be on the Asia Tour until it got cancelled, then all the golf course are closed, so practicing in the back yard!!







I like this!!







Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Thanks Les, my bucket list keeps growing…

mexicokid said...

My pleasure. Lots more to come...les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...