Friday, April 03, 2020

Friday 3 rd April 2020....Day 49!!!

It was a lot cooler this morning so my first cup of tea tasted really good.


Today Boomer and I were going to explore a trail about 45 minutes away that boasts 10 waterfalls.


We found where to park off the main highway leading up to the north of the Island and when we got to the trail head there no signs at all and I now know that I misread the instructions that I had written for myself and we turned onto the left trail....


There was no one around and the trail was really in great condition and Boomer enjoyed being off leash......







The weather was cold and a few spots of rain.....all the time I was questioning  myself if I had chosen the right trail and after about 4 km when we came up to some power lines I was pretty sure I had taken the wrong trail so I decided to turn back and go to the beginning and take the other trail.


When we got back to the underpass..





Where we started I took the other route and it took us down to the river and this felt right....





My information told me it was about 3 km to the first waterfall...


The trail was very muddy and it was getting colder and starting to snow a tad....













see the flakes on Boomer??








I took photos of the first waterfall..





Then I made another smart decision, my third in three weeks, a record for me..


I decided to turn around and go back, I was cold, wet and my feet were wet.





Boomer loves his sticks....





Who would know about 1 km from the car the sun comes out....


It was a long hike but enjoyable and I shall look forward to going back next week on a nicer day and see all the waterfalls??


We came home a different way and stopped by this lovely beach for a very short walk!!









Had a really great hot shower, my dinner and now ready for my show!!


I purposely do not write about the virus as I know you are following it along every day....so many people suffering!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...