Monday, April 13, 2020

Monday 13th April 2020....Day 58!!

I knew when I left San Miguel that my faithful Hiking shoes

would not last the whole journey and on my big hike yesterday I knew that was the last hike....


Most shoe stores are closed but I did get through to Front Runners and they were open by appointment only and I made an appointment for noon and when I arrived there was a chair outside for me and the great salesman waiting for me.......... 40 minutes later I left with a good pair of shoes that should see me through another year!


I put them straight to the test for going here for a short hike!!!







The tide in the lagoon was out and it is a beautiful walk around...







Those are the shacks from Shack Island that I mentioned in last week’s blog...





the views to the mountains on the mainland..





Lunch spot and my new shoes!!!





I was serenaded by these two sea lions..





Don’t often see a heron around these waters...








This tree is an Arbutus tree, google them they have quite a story!!





Good news is that the shoes feel good...


I bought Heather some flowers for Easter and treated myself to this plant and the buds opened today!!





Boomer is on the mend but I think it will be a couple more days before he comes out to play BUT I do take him for many short walks to the end of the street and back, maybe five minutes!!


So I am now on my 31 st day of self isolating and I really the same routine every day  and have communicated with a very few number of people apart from Heather, Kirby and Zach in the house......I was trying to self analyze how I feel today and it is mixed....I feel very lucky to be here safe and in good company surrounded by a glorious nature full of wonderful walks and ocean views but I also have a small feeling of itchy feet.....my plans of getting a new car are on hold and of course my England visit is cancelled and I know that I cannot travel anywhere at least for a few more weeks.


I do miss my casita and my life in Mexico but I also know my life in Mexico right now would not be the same as it was.....


These are indeed strange times for everyone and so many people suffering and will do for years to come.


As usual be safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...