Friday, March 01, 2019

Friday 1st March 2019......rabbits...rabbits...rabbits!!!

I had a good sleep and woke up at 6.30am I did not have breakfast and my stuff was already packed in the car so I was out of my casita by 7am!!


The first two hours of driving was on toll roads but through many industrial and unattractive areas which eventually led to some nice mountain scenery and long and quiet roads.....






I did have to drive through the outskirts of Guadalajara but it was easy and uneventful!!






Then through tequila country before taking the slow and mountainous road to the coast..


I made two short stops and after 630 km arrived at the turn off for Rincon around 2.30pm.






I have been to this small and touristy town many times before and I went straight to the small apartment that my friends Gail and Larry have rented for the past 15 winters...always good to see them but sadly this time Larry was sick with food poisoning.....we visited and caught up for a while and then I went for a really long walk on the beach...










This is a really popular town for visitors especially from the  west coast of Canada....


The fishermen had just brought their nets on to the beach...





These are Frigate birds and they are not able to land anywhere except where it is elevated so they were swooping down and taking fish out of the nets..













Larry was still not feeling like eating dinner so Gail and I went to a local restaurant and we shared a pizza...I know I know it should  have been sea food!!!


My other good friends in this town are Arlene and Doug and they had invited me to stay at their house whilst I am here...so very kind.....so around 8.30pm I drove over and good to see them again.


It is a small and lovely rental house and I have my own bedroom and bathroom...


Unfortunately they cannot remember their password for the internet so hopefully they can retrieve it tomorrow so I can post this...


It was a great easy drive and good to be by the ocean again!!!


Still no internet where I am staying so posting this at G & L


Yashi Kochi!!!!!


3 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Years ago, when I was a lurker and reading your blog of adventures and trips with Ramona, I remember when you also had contracted food poisoning (I think in the same vicinity). Croft was also in Mexico at the same time, but inland and more central Mexico; so, I believe, I sent him an e-mail to check your blog because you were in sad shape. Hope Larry feels better; if not, time for a doctor visit to get some medication. When Beach and I were in Cuba in June 2017, Beach had it from eating unpasteurized eggs, but I had asked our physician for the medicine (as a preventive measure) before we left home; the medicine cleared up the problem within 24 hours.

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Beach life is good. Enjoy the change of scenery and visiting with friends.

mexicokid said...

Thankfully Larry is much better,..it is hot but enjoying the tennis...lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...