Monday, March 18, 2019

Monday 18th March 2019...a holiday!!!

Today is his birthday and a National holiday!!


Benito Juárez Day







Commemorated on the third Monday in March, this holiday celebrates Benito Juárez, President of Mexico from 1857 to 1872. He was the first indigenous man to hold the country’s highest political office. Juárez is considered a national hero as he resisted the French occupation, led the country into the modern world and restored the republic. On Benito Juárez Day, most businesses close and many travel for the long weekend. Political events and celebrations take place across the country, including in San Pablo Guelatao, Juarez’s hometown.


I was sitting up in bed with my tea and computer at 7.30 am when I heard the familiar swoosh of hot air...grabbed my camera went to my roof top terrace and snapped these two!!!!









What a start to the morning.....


Everything was closed today no gym session...no English class....so I spent a lot of the day relaxing and doing some chores around the casita...


Lost another game of cards tonight to Gracie...why do I do it you may ask??


We’ll surely one day I will at least win one game!!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...