Monday, March 11, 2019

Monday 11 th March 2019....a longgggggggg day!!

So this morning it was a tad warmer and I was packed and ready to leave by 6 am...this was a really nice motel.....very friendly..spotless rooms and every facility including home made carrot....


I had a one hour drive along highway 9 bordering Mexico and I crossed over at Santa Teresa crossing.....this was the easiest crossing I have ever had....I slowly drove through the green light lane...the camera got my photo...the barrier lifted and I looked at the inspector who just waved me through..I never even stopped!!!!


The drive was quite ordinary...a few shots along the way....








I know most of you think I am batty but I knew I was in for a long driving day...the toll roads were good...the traffic very light...and I made frequent short stops......I had food..lots of drinks...my music...and Heather and Linda DO NOT read this......my Mexican cruise control!!!


I wanted to get to Torreon and it was a good drive but there were no decent motels anywhere so I carried on and I know I drove a tad too far but had no choice and it was still light when I found this little new motel off the highway...


I thought it was not open but I rang the office the bell and a man came out....


Got myself a great basic room..










Best part I am the only guest parked in the back and see how close Little Bluey is to my door...





......cost 400 pesos...very reasonable..there are no facilities but I have food in my cool box....


So I had a nice sandwich and a tall glass of milk for supper...brought all the stuff in out of the car and sorted it all out..and will pack it out in the morning....


Now going to have a long shower..I have Internet but not enough power to watch my show..but I have a great book and planning to do!!


The good news about the long drive today is a much shorter day tomorrow....


It has been a fabulous trip....thanks for coming along!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...