Saturday, March 02, 2019

Saturday 2nd March 2019...what can be better tennis and beach!!!

Had a great sleep and had a light breakfast and at 8.30 am walked two blocks to the tennis courts.....Doug had arranged with a friend of his for us to play a singles tennis match...you all know that I so love my tennis but I had not played a singles game for many years but when I got to the courts there were a few players so I was invited to join in a doubles game....the courts are hard courts and being at sea level makes a difference...BUT..it was great fun and I played three sets with different guys..all good players and very friendly.....and it was HOT!!!

Good news I am able to go back tomorrow morning and play again!!!


Came home and took a nice cool shower and had some breakfast with Arelene and Doug and their two daughters who are visiting for a while staying at another house in town....relaxed a little in the afternoon on the patio by the pool ..






And saw this woodpecker in the yard..







and then went into town and walked around a bit and took photos of the local Central Park...






This area used to be very run down but they have made a really fabulous job of the space..






The local church is colourful and very lovely inside!!!













before going over to Gail and Larry’s....






Glad to report that Larry is feeling much better and we sat out on their patio and just chatted...always nice to reminisce and we realized we have been friends for 39 years.


Larry and I then went and sat at the front of the property that is right on the beach and just took in the sights and sounds and both talked about lucky and blessed our lives have been.


Gail always accommodates my strange and simple food likes and today was no exception..we enjoyed a home cooked dinner of mashed potatoes..fresh carrots and mince!!!!


Let me tell you how good it was.....I am going back for leftovers tomorrow for lunch!!!!


Again we just sat and talked and around 8.30pm came home ..the family were all outside by the pool and we chatted for a while.....what a pleasant day!


Spoke to Gracie today she is doing well and had friends over for cocktails tonight..way to go!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...