Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Wednesday 6th March 2019...an easy day!!!

Had a good sleep..the first one since I left so that is good news for me.....


I relaxed over breakfast and this morning was a shopping morning....I planned my route and my first stop was at at a factory outlet for Skechers shoes...a friend put me onto them and I was amazed how comfortable and the selection Eve from croc type shoes to tennis shoes. Hiking shoes and casual dress shoes..I will go back and get some they have a sale too...buy one pair second pair half price!!


Did more shopping and then Linda told me about an event happened get at her church that she thought I would like and she was right...


Drove to the church...








Ashes to go..like a drive through...never heard of such a thing.....


For over twelve hundred years on the dies cinerum (day of ashes) faithful followers have approached the altar and received ashes upon their foreheads. These ashes are made from the burnt palm fronds that were blessed on the Palm Sunday of the previous year. The ashes are sprinkled with holy water, usually fragranced with incense and blessed using four prayers that are thousands of years old.

The use of ashes for repentance and penance can be traced even further back and is practiced throughout the world. On Ash Wednesday ashes are applied to believers’ foreheads in the shape of the cross.


So I drove up and the minister came to the car and I got the ashes on my forehead and we had a nice chat!!!!!








Them met Linda and another couple who wanted to ask me questions about SMA as they are going there at the end of this month....they were a nice couple and the lunch was great and I told them to contact me when they arrive and maybe I can help them some with their plans!!


Then went back to Linda’s where I worked out in the gym for a while and them swam some laps and finished off with the hot tub!!!






So a good day!!!


Stay tuned a long hike planned for tomorrow!!


Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...