Friday, March 08, 2019

Friday 8th March 2019...last Tucson day!!!

Special best wishes to all my lovely female family members and my special lady friends today!!!!!







My plans were thwarted, that is a good word, by the weather today..very overcast, windy and cool and I had planned to spend a few hours at the Sonora desert Museum where the activities are mainly outside so I decided to save that attraction for another visit and I went and did some final shopping which I did enjoy and then came home around 2pm and just relaxed doing “stuff”.


At 6 pm Linda and I went to this great pizza place where we met Teri and her daughter Muri and had dinner and then the fun began!!!


I had asked them to join me at the Bas light theatre tonight for the show the Belle of Tombstone...but for some logistical reasons they could not come but then yesterday Linda told me...and these are Teri’s words..” Muri just adores you and could you see a way to take her to the show”!


Of course I could...I booked an extra ticket and the two of us took off for the 8.30 pm performance....


You cannot watch a western play without a moustache!!!!






This is taken from the Internet!!




Get ready for some western hijinks and fun! The Belle of Tombstone has arrived at the Gaslight Theatre in Tucson.

A REVIEW OF THE GASLIGHT THEATRE’S THE BELLE OF TOMBSTONE

I love a good western.  Add slapstick comedy, melodrama, and a little bit of romance to the mix and you end up with The Gaslight Theatre’s latest show, The Belle of Tombstone!  Heather Stricker plays Belle, a saloon owner in a western town that Arizonans should be well familiar with, Tombstone!


Mike Yarema, as Jack Diamond, is quickly going to realize that you don’t mess with Belle!

Bad guys, Jack Diamond (played by Mike Yarema) and Ringo (played by Todd Thompson), quickly learn that they shouldn’t mess with Belle and U.S. Marshall Ned Wingate (played by Jake Chapman).  But before they learn that lesson, there’s fun to be had in the form of a guitar falling from the sky, corny jokes, a stagecoach chase, and a slow motion western shootout.


Hands up! You’ll love to hate the bad guys in the Belle of Tombstone!

Interaction between the performers is always fun to watch at the Gaslight Theatre, and The Belle of Tombstone is no exception.  “My horse has fallen and it can’t giddy up.”  So says David Orley’s character, Curly Bill!  My family and I are also constantly impressed with the stage backdrops and the props that are used by the characters.  For example, it truly looks like the characters are riding horses on the stage.  There’s also a jail scene (which my son declared his favorite scene) as well as a scene in a mine shaft that causes a key character to break out in a Ring of Fire.  Instead of riding off into the sunset, you’ll want to drive to the Gaslight Theatre to see a good old fashioned, laugh-out-loud, western parody.

Here’s a little more about The Gaslight Theatre presents The Belle of Tombstone:

“Tombstone was the last great frontier town and it sat high in the Arizona desert, smack dab on millions of dollars in silver ore. Through its dusty streets and elegant saloon doors passed a slew of colorful characters. The Gaslight Theatre takes you back to those days of bar room brawls, stage coach robberies and high-stepping saloon hall girls, all in the “Town Too Tough To Die.” Join The Gaslight Theatre for a Rootin’, Tootin’ great time!”



What a night out...live theatre...a lovely young lady at my side and Muri just lapped it up..she is ten years old and very very smart and she also recently was selected to join the prestigious Tucson Hour choir...so this was right down her alley....so much fun!!










Dropped and said goodby to Muri and her Mum at her house and came home!!


A lovely final Tucson day I was only here a few days but did lots!!


Stay tuned heading into New Mexico tomorrow!!


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

"There once was a young man named Les who lived in a tennis shoe.
He had so many children who loved him, he didn't know what to do.
He fed them all pizza and entertained them with a Tomb Stone western play.
Then, he kissed them all soundly and sent them to bed to play another day".

I like this one better than the real nursery rhyme.

Looked like a great show; Beach and I must visit Tuscon and see if it is worth a few months stay.

mexicokid said...

That is cool thank you..she is an amazing young lady who is destined to go far.......there is so much here one thing puts me off is the traffic...have a great weekend les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...