Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Wednesday 5th September 2018...you must!!!!!!


A relaxing start to my day just sipping tea, eating some cereal and doing more day planning!!

This afternoon was my musical Broadway treat and this is the show !!!





Come From Away is based on the true story of when the isolated community of Gander, Newfoundland played host to the world. What started as an average day in a small town turned in to an international sleep-over when 38 planes, carrying thousands of people from across the globe, were diverted to Gander’s air strip on September 11, 2001. Undaunted by culture clashes and language barriers, the people of Gander cheered the stranded travelers with music, an open bar and the recognition that we’re all part of a global family.


What can I say.....it was utterly breath taking!!!!


Fabulous acting with each actress and actor playing multiple parts.....a packed house with a ten minute standing ovation and dancing in the aisles...probably the best 69 dollars I have ever spent!!!


I then walked along the famous 42 Nd Street and stopped off at Bryant park all this green space..people playing back gammon chess and even this












And all two blocks from the craziness of Times Square!!!


I wanted to see this icon building!!









Then took the train down to the financial district of





Had to see the bull...





The wait to get your picture was so long...


But not so long for this end of the bull!!!


More scenes along the way..










Next I walked down to Pier 11 where for 2.75$ I took the ferry to the Brooklyn Bridge....








Great views on the short ride..












It is nearly a mile to walk across the bridge and it was fabulous but you do have to be aware as the walking and cycling lanes are close together and those cyclists show no mercy!!!!!






The suns reflection..
















Returned back the way I had came and finally got home at 9.30pm....what a day!!!


Tomorrow I am taking Little Bluey on a day road trip up or is it down the Hudson River Valley!!!


Remember if you or your friends or family are visiting NYC the show is a MUST!!!


Yashi Kochi!!

3 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Well, that was some anatomy lesson! What a great city, must go back there someday.

Dee Tillotson said...

What an imagination!! Les, are you pretending to be bull poop!!

mexicokid said...

Who knows just my strange Liney sense of humour..I saw the line for a photo with the bull head and thought why not..no line up at the other end....yes a great city bit I still get overwhelmed by the size and the people and the traffic..lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...