Sunday, September 09, 2018

Sunday 9th September 2018...so there you have it!!!!

Well my last day in the Big Apple was rainy and cool!!!


I started packing this morning and around noon got on my final bus and train to the stadium where I had a 25 dollar grounds pass and I watched some great matches in the second largest covered stadium and as you can see my seat was maybe the best in the house!!


I saw the junior boys final which was highly entertaining!!















I also saw the junior girls final another good game but I could not stop think Ashley could have been in this final she is still eligible and I have no doubt she would have beaten both of these opponents had she been healthy and not injured!!



Walking around the grounds I saw this live interview with perhaps my favourite player of all time...if you need to ask🤢🤢🤢🤢


I then walked around for a while and came across this scene..




Who are they and what are they doing??  See below!!











Then because my plan to sit outside and watch the big screen was thwarted by the weather I again found what I consider the best seat in the inside lounge to watch a fabulous women’s doubles final!!









Then came the finale...the final of the men between Novak and my favourite DelPotro 


unfortunately on this afternoon there was only going to be one winner and Novak deserved his slam..well done!!!


I am sure you have read all the stories about the women’s final and the behaviour of Serena and I will chime in with my two cents worth...


Her first violation was for being coached which she denied vehemently but her coach admitted to in the press statements after the match...


Her second violation smashing her racket....nothing to say she did it..


Her third violation and the one I have to admit being a tad biased towards the umpire was calling him a thief and a liar......as a pretty high ranking soccer referee, retired, I was always letting the players vent a little if they did not agree with my calls I am human I made bad and wrong calls what I would not tolerate was them questioning my honesty.....in my opinion Serena went over the line on this one and was rightly docked a game....


The two conclusions I draw from it all is that maybe there is a different standard for the men but that was not the place to loose your cool she needs to remember she is the heroine of so many girls and secondly and I think the biggie...is the reason for her tan5rums is that she was getting beat my a much better opponent on the day!!!


I saw Osaka live in England a few months ago and she is going to be the next one but she needs to work on her acceptance speeches she is so shy.....


There you have it my opinion!!


Little Bluey is just about packed and ready to hit the road tomorrow on the start of my journey to SMA my destination tomorrow is in the mountains of Virginia at a town called Charlottesville!!!!


In a few days I will post my thoughts on NYC!!


Yashi Kochi!!


PS..who is that in the header photo??


Yours truly winning the Bermuda singles championship 1972!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...