Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Monday 3rd September 2018.....WOW......🎾

This is the last day of my holiday weekend pass and it was another full day on the courts....


Easy getting to and from the stadium now....


I arrived at noon and went straight into one of the outer courts lucked out with a great seat...








See the difference between shade






And sun!!!!


It was a a great match with this young man coming out on top!!






Then it was into the main court and my regular seat to watch Novak finally overcome a stubborn opponent!!






By now it had become really hot and muggy and I made a great choice to go into the lounge find a really comfortable couch and have my sandwich and drink and watch this thrilling game on the big screen!!









Then it was out to the grandstand court to watch a fascinating mixed doubles..they stand in the most ridiculous places to receive serves and they hit the ball so hard and their hand and eye coordination is out of this world!!!






This is the Briton and younger Murray brother, Jamie...they won in a last set thrilling tie breaker!!!






I don’t want to brag but my Pearson charm got me into the closed grounds of the main stadium for this ......



Managed a skyline shot...



During one intermission they displayed a fitting tribute to this awesome man...










At 9.15 pm back to my seat for the high light of the week...the Federer versus Millman match up..these two are good friends and hitting partners and you thought it would be a blow out when Roger won the first set..all I ask is that you Google the match and read about it!!!!


Would you believe I got home at 2.00 am!!!!!!!


So my weekend of tennis comes to an end..well almost..I decided to buy a grounds pass ticket for 25 Dollars for the men’s final on Sunday..it gives me admission to the grounds and then I can watch on the big screen.


Two things I want to leave with you....if anyone is coming to this event next year e mail me I have some great tips and secondly the people on the trains and buses, the staff at the stadium and other tennis fans are all very friendly and kind !!!


What a bucket list BLAST!!!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...