Saturday, September 22, 2018

Saturday 22nd September 2018..still no internet!!

It already feels like I never left amazing how I just fit right back into that great lifestyle I have created here.


I had a lazy morning just catching up on things around the casita and later on in the morning I went out for a walk stopping first to see one of my tennis friends Steve who lives around the corner....we had a good visit and catch up and I will see Steve again on the tennis courts on Tuesday.


Next stop was to the market to buy some flowers and chocolates and go visit my lovely friend Margarita who works for my friends Karen and Gregg....Margarita used to come and clean the casita for me here.....it was her Birthday and I wanted to see her and say hello and give her the gifts!!!


Then onto the nursery where I bought these four plants and pots..total cost for pots and plants and the man putting them in the pots....110 pesos!!!







On the way home I stopped into this tiny little store and bought these ribbons.....6 pesos!!!  Tell you why in a minute...





Walked home and the weather is just great nice and sunny........

I tied the ribbon on the mirror of LB...why you may ask??

Well I like the looks of it plus those are the Mexican colours and you never know if you get stopped by the police or military if it might make a difference!!







Arranged the new flower pots...







 and then went upstairs on the roof top and read.


The cable company is supposed to call and let me know before they come but I really do not expect them today after all this is how things work in Mexico!!


Walked over to Gracie’s in the late afternoon and we had a great salad for lunch and had our first game  of cards....if you remember from before we used to play quite often and I could never win and I always wanted to bet a dinner on the games thinking that one day I must win..well me winning did not happen tonight!!  BUT I did not loose the game we play is best of three and I did win the first game so that is progress!!


I want to tell you want happened a couple of weeks ago...Gracie wrote me and told me she had left me a message on Face Book.....I do have a FB account but I do not remember opening it or when I did it but I do look at it everyday but I never post anything on it..anyone Gracie told me how to look at the message and I did and to my surprise they was two other messages for me one from over two years ago from Mia who was the youngest daughter of me ex wife...Mia and I were close when she was a teenager but after the divorce and time we lost contact...anyway she wrote me saying that she thinks of me quite a lot and she wanted to tell me she was married with two children and doing really well...I wrote back a message to her on FB but I did not hear back from her.


The other message also from two years ago was one of my police man friends from Bermuda..we actually met on the plane in April of 1970 when we were on our way to Bermuda we became good friends and even roomed together but when I left Bermuda we lost touch.....long story short Alan and I have been in touch my email for the last two weeks catching up and small world that it is he now lives about 30 minutes away from my friends Paula and Jerry in Nova Scotia...


One thing Alan did was tell me about a website run by an ex policeman who still lives in Bermuda and it is for ex policemen...so I went on the site and it is truly an amazing site and I contacted the editor and he asked me to submit a story about my life then and now and he also told me he had lots of enquirers about me over the years...I sent him and article and he published on the site and in the last two days I have received two emails from two men I was very close to back in those days....so we will also communicate by e mail....soon I publish the article here!!


SATURDAY...


No cable guy yesterday...


This morning I was on the tennis courts at 9am for two hours ..lots of fun and good competitive games...I always go the Saturday organic market just around the corner it is a good meeting place and they of lots of food stuffs and nick backs and music ..a fun place....


This afternoon Gracie picked me up with the dogs and we went for a great walk with them....


I imagine the cable guy may come on Monday who knows......


Will post this when I get the internet...


Yashi Kochi!!!

4 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

I sense a trip coming up to Bermuda… Your new flower pots look great!

mexicokid said...

I don’t think so although it is beautiful...yes and the price was right..have a great weekend les

Dee Tillotson said...

Your roses and casita are beautiful. Wish I could get roses here for such an extraordinary price. Since you were walking, how did you get all of those potted flowers back to your casita on your own?

It's great that you are now able to connect to your buddies while you were working the beat in Bermuda. Maybe there is a reunion in your and your buddies' future back in Bermuda! That would be so wonderful.

mexicokid said...

Yes flowers here are so lovely and so cheap..I just carried them walking it felt good...they do reunions in different countries..would be nice thanks les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...