Thursday, September 13, 2018

Thu 13th September 2018...a waterfall day!!

Good morning time for you to start your day with this....






Go to you tube and listen to her sing “One moment in time”!!!

Kleenex May be required!!


Had a wonderful Breakfast and an even better packed lunch..this was an amazing Airbnb !!


I had done some research and this was my first stop...






A great visitor centre and I hiked down to the falls...so pretty!!



























Then there was a short scenic drive this is a huge canyon!!













Next stop was here ..






Another wonderful waterfall....


All the State parks are free which is great but this one charged me the senior rate of 4 Dollars for entrance which included a ride around the park on the train..





I then went down this gorge..






I take exception to this sign!!!





A beautiful place for lunch.....















Back on the train to the top of the falls...













The story behind the statue!!


Originally known as the Black Creek Falls, the Legend of Noccalula, as written by Mathilde Bilbro, says that “long ago, on a mountain summit within sight and sound of a rushing waterfall, lived a great Indian chief whose young daughter, Noccalula, was famed far and wide for her beauty and loveliness of character.” Many gallant braves lobbied the old chief for the hand of Noccalula, but only one was favored by the girl’s father, a rich chief of a powerful neighboring tribe, who had much to offer in exchange: wampum, horses, and blankets. Noccalula pleaded that her heart was already given to a young brave from her own tribe.

This young warrior, though noted for his skill and valor, possessed little in worldly goods. The old chief refused to listen and ordered his daughter to make ready for the marriage he had arranged. What was a maiden’s silly fancy compared to many horses, much wampum, and union with another strong tribe? The girl’s lover was driven from the tribe and a marriage agreement was made with the neighboring chief.

The wedding day came and a great feast was prepared. In silence, Noccalula allowed herself to be arrayed in festive wedding robes. Overcome with grief, she quietly slipped away from the merrymakers during the festivities as the soft rhythmical rush of waters called her. For a moment, she stood poised upon the brink of the yawning chasm. One leap, and her troubles were over.

Heartbroken, the remorseful father gave the great cascade his daughter’s name. Since that day the waterfall has been called Noccalula.


Then it was about a five hour drive on the interstate and was crazy went through storms..






Really hot sunshine..


I arrived at the Super 8 motel in Hattiesburg Mississippi where I had a reservation and for 60 dollars it is a lovely room!!









As I was driving here I said to myself..I sure feel like eating an Arby sandwich...I had not had one since Atlanta in April....so imagine when I pulled into the motel parking lot..






And what is right next door!!!!






It was delicious!!!!


The drive today...





Going to relax and watch a movie..


Tomorrow I drive to Houston where I have an Airbnb apartment for two days.....what am I going to do there...


You will have to wait!!


I have been watching the news and I know I am safe now but this storm is really going to be a disaster!!


Yashi Kochi!!

6 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, glad that you were able to see more waterfalls. The storm you endured coming out of the Blue Ridge Mountauns was a regular old thunderstorm; it was not part of Florence which just hit Wilmington and Hatteras, NC this afternoon as a Cat. 2 hurricane. The overhead sign warnings on the VA/NC interstates were just to let people know there would be tropical depression weather (lots of rainfall) expected from the residual weather of Florence in a couple of days (which can cause flash floods). Too bad you couldn't get at least a couple of days of sunshine on the trails in the Blue Ridge Mountains; it is true (and I mean true) American Indian trails you were following up there made by them back in the 1700-1800s.

I've responded to some e-mails from Croft and Contessa, but don't think the responses made it through my AT&T wi-fi because Hurricane Florence is screwing up my communications (I keep getting a holding pattern from AT&T). So if you get a chance to communicate with them, tell them I tried. Your blog communication is better than my e-mail.

mexicokid said...

Ok will do for Croft and I do not know Contessa only read he blog occasionally....yes I must come back some day and do the parkway..I have been watching CNN tonight and it looks so mean and nasty stay safe blessings les

Croft said...

Thanks Dee, got the message! We are keeping a close watch on your hurricane!

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Had to look-up "wampum", a great word, I will remember it for Scrabble! The things we do for love eh? Safe travels…

mexicokid said...

Thanks lp

Gary Derek Beckett said...

If you are seeking a Bank Guarantee (BG), SBLC for Lease or Purchase, we are the best financial institution to help you to secure verifiable and easily monetized BG, SBLC and other financial instruments. At SPOT FINANCE, we are a group of experienced bankers, seasoned brokers with years of experience in the financial instrument industry. We deal directly with reliable Providers of BG, SBLC, MT109, MT799, MT760, Loans, Sale and Lease of Financial Instruments issued by Top rated global banks.

Our procedure is TIME SAVING and transparent. With us, you can secure any denomination of BG / SBLC from 10M to 10B (EURO / USD) in time for use in Heavy / Light project financing anywhere in the world.

Basically, we are here to help you move your business to the next level.

Anticipating your interests,
Email: info.spotfinanceltd@gmail.com
Skype: spotfinanceltd

Sincere regards,
Gary Derek Beckett
SPOT FINANCE LTD

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...