Monday, September 10, 2018

Monday 10th September 2018...as Willie sings....On the road again!!!!

I was very well organized and packed last night and was out the door by 6 am this morning the plan was to avoid the morning traffic but I under estimated that as it was choco block also raining and also dark so I was very careful getting out of the city.


It is at times like this that I am in the trusty hands of my GPS and just follow every direction and with good results.


The last time I drove Little Bluey on Thursday I was sweltering hot today I had the heater on for a while...go figure!!!


Not a drive with anything to describe except all interstate and raining most of the way....


Around 10 am I started to feel drowsy and I know from past experience that when this happens I get off the road and I did took the next exit found a quiet parking lot put my seat back and had a power πŸ’€....usually twenty minutes and I am good to go this morning I was out for over an hour!!!!


Around 3.30pm I Finally pulled off the interstate onto a semi rural Virginia road and found my way to my Airbnb....a lovely home in the country












 and the hostess so nice..my room and bathroom with TUB is downstairs..she showed me around the kitchen and told me she would put some food out for breakfast.....


She then told me of a hike down to the river right from her doorstep and I took it and it felt good to be moving around after the drive and it was also very pretty they have had lots of rain and as you can see the water colour shows all the soil sediments .















Came back and my hostess went out for a few hours I re heated some great

 pizza from a couple of days ago...had a long hot soak in the tub...love the shower curtain.





...and now sat in a recliner rocker with tea! !


When I started this journey I was unsure weather to drive from Atlanta to NYC up the coast and down through the mountains or the other way around good job I chose the coast on the way up...all those evacuations of the coast of the Carolinas and it sounds like a really nasty storm!!






Hope the day was good for you!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...