Thursday, September 27, 2018

Thursday 27th September 2018....tomorrow could be internet day!!!!

I must not grumble but it would be nice to have internet in my casita but Friday will soon be here....


Ok so Wednesday morning and Gracie tells me there is this small restaurant where there is a parrot in a cage and that the cage is way too small for him he can hardly turn around.....Gracie has a quite large lovely cage in her garden that she bought two years ago but never got a parrot and she suggests that we give the cage to the owners of the restaurant for the parrot.


So this morning whilst Gracie was having her Spanish lesson I loaded up the cage in her car and drove to the restaurant and even though my Spanish is extremely limited I did ask if they wanted the cage and the owner was thrilled and said yes.......so I brought it in and set it up for her...she thanked me and said Pancho would be happy...and I left.





Afterwards I did some errands and then went to pick up Gracie and I took her to the restaurant and the photos tell the rest of the story!!!

Gracie thinks that Pancho needs some toys so she is going to get him some!!!



I then went to poker and met up with my buddies and we exchanged stories and played poker for three and a half hours..a lot of fun and I have lost my winning touch losing a whopping 50 pesos!!!


It was a short walk and a short wait before I went to the gym and had my lesson with Aaron...he worked me hard again and I admit I do have a few aches and pains especially in my arms.....


This is the gym and the outside handball court!!









Again a short wait and a short walk to my English class....these times are working out well for me!!


The class was awesome...we started out by telling the rest of the class what we had done to pay or pass it forward and I started out by telling the parrot story and showing them the photos they laughed but got the message..


Then they took turns to come to the front of the class and tell their stories....it was great for me to hear them and see how happy they were.


I then had printed out an article about the famous Canadian Terry Fox and his amazing story......if you do not know him please Google him you will be utterly flabbergasted!!!


Again they really liked the story...and we finished off playing charades for chocolates....it was a fabulous time for me to see how they have taken to me and how they enjoy and are getting more confidence already in their spoken English!!






Will post this tomorrow!!

Hope you get to see many more of these photos....Gracie paying for my dinner yesterday!!






Yashi Kochi!!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...