Friday, September 14, 2018

Friday 14th September 2018...getting closer to Mexico!!!

I knew today was going to be at least a six hour drive and I knew it was going to be hot so I decided to get an early start and was on the road by 7 am....


This was all Interstate driving and I must say I have found this trip that the truck drivers are not as polite and careful as I remember!!!


Nothing to report except it was hot and soon I was into another state!!






Then soon I was out of there into..






That is when the torrential downpour started and kept on for over 45 minutes and at one point the traffic came to a stand still as the road was flooded!!!






Eventually got by and into Houston and stopped and got some groceries before finding my little cute house!!



View from the front door







It is extremely small but it has every and I mean everything, very clean and comfortable and the tub will get used late on!!!
















Made myself a light dinner and going to relax tonight!!


Tomorrow morning I am meeting my SMA tennis partner, Carolyn and we are going to a club where she has temporary membership and play.


Unfortunately she is in town with her partner, Parker, who is taking chemo and has been for a few weeks and they will be here for a few more weeks.....so it will be nice to see her again and after watching all this tennis to finally hit a ball!!!


I have been watching the news of the storms on the east coast and it is such a huge disaster!!!


The route today...





Yashi Kochi!!

5 comments:

Kevin Read said...

I can't stand the I-10 between Florida and Texas and so I avoid it like the plague. Which is easy to do with the number of secondary highways that run through that area. Much more enjoyable, and so what if it takes an extra hour.

mexicokid said...

I was on it today and it was not to bad but the torrential rains may have the secondary roads hazardous....enjoy your travels les

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, those rain storms lately seem to follow you where ever you go! Your luck just has to change.

The winds just started picking up here in Summerville, SC; as you know, we are about 18 miles west of the Charleston coast. Florence has been down graded to a tropical storm with winds here about 20-40 mph and a lot of rainfall starting tonight and extending through Sunday afternoon. This storm is moving so slow, now about 3 mph forward speed. Then it will turn more northwesterly (having acquired steering currents) and head for the mountains of NC and SC. We have not lost electric yet, but we are ready for it with a generator and battery powered lamps.

With the lay of the land fresh in your mind from your recent visit to Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, and the Outer Banks, watching CNN must give you an eerie feeling in seeing all the water and flooding in those areas where you recently walked when they were dry. I've not seen or heard how things are on the Outer Banks yet; probably not possible yet to get out there. Five people did not make it through the storm; let us pray there is no more.

It is great that you are there for Carolyn; she must need a little R & R by now; hope her partner is making good progress with the chemo.

mexicokid said...

Thanks for the nice comments and glad you have power and are safe....yes I went to all those places just a few weeks ago..so very sad....this storm I drove through today was a doozie...be safe les

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Take a breather and whack some balls! We are definitely into fall weather here now, but thankfully no bad stormy stuff.

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...