Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday 14th December 2011…a day in the big city!!!

Had a better sleep last night but still not quite solved the mossie problem.. will work on that tonight…..nice to wake up go out on the roof take in the sights and the smells and not have neighbours real close by…had a leisurely breakfast and then drove over to Linda and Guy’s   ……I must really like these people to give up my poker day to drive them to the city!!!!!!

Queretaro is about one hour’s drive away and a huge city but good for me Guy knew the directions and we were at the Doctor’s office in lots of time for his appointment…I went looking around and this is a magnificent facility!!

dec14 005

dec14 004

dec14 001

The view of the centre of town from the 4th floor window!!

Got to love this camera…zoomed in and took this shot!!!

dec14 002

Guy is doing well after his surgery last week and he has to come back the first week of January!!!

Linda had some shopping to do..don’t all women???   I know I shall pay for that comment!!!

First of it was the huge and I mean huge Wal-Mart supercentre……I did manage to buy myself another package of black running socks (yes Paula you heard right) for the red clay courts that are gradually turning my white socks pink…yes I know I am in touch with my feminine side but pink socks!!!!!

Next stop was Costco where I was able to buy some candles I had been looking for and to also stock up on my anti inflammatory cream I use on my knee….and I may as well confess here and now that I am also having just a minor problem with my right elbow…tennis elbow..so I have a tennis elbow bandage I shall wear to go with my knee brace and after tennis I ice the elbow and the knee then put the cream on..I KNOW all the comments …too much at my age…slow down a bit…..I intend to play as long as I can drag myself on the court and even though I say it myself I am still pretty good!!!

We then fought the bumper to bumper traffic till we left the city and got home around 5pm….

Came back to Casita Doris had a good cuppa….made supper, a hot hot shower and now blog time then a movie and another good day gone by!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...