Monday, December 26, 2011

Monday 26th December 2011.….a road trip!!!

I have these great friends Norma and Croft who live about 90 minutes away from me on Vancouver Island but we always see more of each other in Mexico!!

Norma and Croft are in their RV staying in Queretaro and this morning I went to visit them!!

Map picture

I left home at 9.15am and walked the five minutes to the bus station bought my one way ticket for 55 pesos and I was at the bus station in QTO about 90 minutes later the bus was full and I did have a seat until a lady with a baby got on and no other man got up to offer her the seat so I did and finished up standing the whole way!!!

IMG_7779

Outside the bus station I got a taxi and 10 minutes and 35 pesos later I was at the hotel where Norma and Croft are parked for a couple of weeks!!!!

IMG_7780

IMG_7783

It is really a high class hotel which allows RV's to park, the grounds are lovely they have use of all facilities with showers, bathrooms and a gym for 250 pesos per night!!

IMG_7781

IMG_7782

We had a great visit, Norma put on a delicious lunch and then Croft and I spent about an hour in the pool and the rest of the afternoon catching up…I left about 4.30pm and did the same journey in reverse and was back at Casita Doris by 6.45pm…total cost 180 pesos about 14 dollars…it was a wonderful day and Norma and Croft lovely to see you and I wish you safe and happy journey as you travel further south!!!

Supper, shower and now going to watch a hockey game…..another “boring” day!!!!

3 comments:

Croft said...

It was really nice seeing you Les and a great day for a swim! Thanks for filling in all the "between the lines" of your Blog as well. My curiosity in now satisfied!

Go Canucks!

mexicokid said...

Glad I answered all your questions..thanks for a great day but Croft when will you learn it is the games in APRIL and MAY that count...Go BRUINS!!!!

living.boondockingmexico said...

Sounds like you had fun! I need to go back and read through your blogs, I must be missing something :)

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...