Sunday, December 25, 2011

Sunday 25th December 2011…..if you know a little Spanish you will enjoy this!!!!!

Mexican Night Before Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas, and all through la casa,

Not a creature was stirring, I wondered, que pasa?

I was hanging the stockings with mucho cuidado,

In hopes that old Santa would feel obligado,

To bring all the children, both buenos y malos,

A nice batch of dulces and other regalos.

My brothers and I went to sleep in our camas,

Some in long underwear, and some in piyamas.

When out in the yard there arose such a grito,

That I jumped to my feet like a frightened cabrito.

I ran to the window and looked afuera.

And who in the world do you think quien era?

St. Nick in a sleigh and a big sombrero

Came dashing along like a little bombero.

And pulling his sleigh instead of venados,

Were eight little burros, approaching volados.

I watched as they came, and this fat little hombre

Was shouting and whistling, and calling by nombre:

Ay Pancho, ay Pepe, ay Cuca, ay Beto!

Ay Chata, ay Chopo, Maruca y Nieto!

Then standing erect, with his hands on his pecho,

He flew to the top of our very own techo.

With his round little belly like a bowl of jalea,

He struggled to squeeze down our old chimenea.

Then huffing and puffing, a little cansado,

He picked up a bag that looked muy pesado.

He filled all the stockings with lovely regalos.

Then chuckling aloud, seeming very contento,

He turned like a flash and was gone like the viento.

And I heard him exclaim, and this is verdad:

Merry Christmas a todos ... feliz navidad!

 

Thanks to Robin for sending me this!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...