Friday, December 09, 2011

Friday December 9th 2011……a full day!!!!!

The start of my very busy day was with tennis at 10am and as always an enjoyable two hours.

As you know from my travels over the years I am not too much of an RV park kind of guy I like my space and the open too much…staying here at the RV park is great I love the park and all the other fellow RV’ers, being so close to the tennis courts but I have neighbours on both sides with about 2 feet of space in between and the park is full to capacity with 13 rigs so you can imagine there is little privacy   ….I have been mulling over my options and another factor is that the monthly rent went from 330 dollars last year to 460 dollars this year,,,so this afternoon I went apartment hunting and looked at 4 and the last one I saw I think will be mine on Monday!!!

It is a separate Casita on a huge property…the owner is An American lady who seems really nice the gardens are so unusual and the property is very safe and gated and quite lovely…I would have my own casita with a full kitchen equipped with everything including dining table and chairs, the living room is also huge and adobe style, very nicely furnished..comes with TV….and the couch is the bed and I would just put my foamy from Ramona on there…the bathroom is Mexican style and lovely..a separate shower and wait for it…..a separate bath tub…my non bath tub days are almost over!!!  There is room on the property for me to park Ramona and it is gated and secure…..the rent is 450 dollars total!!!!..I have my own veranda and can use the sun roof where the views across the valley are awesome and I am told so are the sunsets!!!!  If there is one drawback and to me it is no biggie is that it is not in town but in the country, which suits me, and it would take me 15 minutes from the casita to the tennis courts!!!

I am going back for a final look tomorrow and to make sure there is Internet for the new computer coming and also if the lady will give me an out if in the off chance that my friends Linda and Guy have to leave SMA quickly for medical reasons in which case I move and take care of their Casa……

So I will know this weekend but I think I am almost convinced and if it works out I can have the casita next winter too!!!

At 5pm I went to a local Christmas concert at the St.Paul’s church..it was a nice way to start the Christmas season!!

dec9 002

dec9 004

These girls were so fast with the hand bells!!

dec9 003It was a very enjoyable time!!

From here I went to the girl’s English class this is the last class of the year and I have enjoyed going and seeing and participating the teacher Luis is very good with the girls!!!

dec9 005Daniela is in the blue!!

dec9 007Here is my brave other girl Paola and she has almost completely healed from those nasty bruises and as you can see is always smiling!!!!!

On another note I was approached to see if I would be on the Advisory Council at Casa Hogar and I now have the title of Canadian Director!!!!  So let’s have some respect!!!!!

The below is taken from the December News letter!!

 

Santa Julia has non-profit status in Mexico and the United States to enable donors to
receive tax deductions for their gifts. And, Santa Julia has an advisory council to
consult with those two non-profits and our Canadian amigos about how to join forces to
meet the girls’ needs. That council has Robin Loving Rowland as US Director,
Barbara Rueda as Mexican Director, and now welcomes Les Pearson as Canadian
Director.
Les hails from Vancouver Island, and has been involved with Santa Julia for four
years. He is a member of the Support-A-Girl program, and volunteers as one of
Mother’s Little Helpers during the winter months when he is in San Miguel. Here he is
with his two favourite Santa Julia girls. “You can’t help but get more joy than you give
at Santa Julia,” says Les.

Blessings to all for a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Les... you have probably already rented the casita, but just wanted to tell you that on the civil_renters guie SMA.... there is an apt ($240/mo) and a casa ($420/mo?... pretty nice) for rent in Santa Julia behind CASA...

It's up on the western end of Chupiros and has lots of land around it...

Anyway, fyi... thought you might want to know... don't have your email.

Carol

mexicokid said...

Thanks Carol but I am committed to another casita this morning but thanks for looking out...I don't mind you having my e mail but I don't want to blog it....if you post yours I will reply but up to you blessings Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...