Thursday, December 17, 2020

Thursday 17th December 2020...surgeons appointment!!

Today was doctor day!!!


Beto came and picked me up this morning and with just holding on to the rail I was quite easily able to get down the stairs to the car, no problem.


Beto was going to drive me around today and our first stop was the local clinic where they dispense flu shots......My family doctor contacted me a few days ago and informed the that the flu shot that I am to get which is a special one for seniors for some reason is not available yet so she wanted me to get the regular shot and when she gets the other vaccine will call me.


At the clinic I had to wait only a few minutes, filled in a form and had the shot, there was no charge.


From here we went to the hospital and Beto dropped me off and went to the Mall close by.


Dr.Rangel was very pleased with my progress and he took out the stitches and we watched the DVD he had made of my surgery and he explained what he had done......pretty cool so see a video of the inside of my knee.......when he saw inside he knew he could perform a less invasive surgery, which he did.


He now wants me to put full weight on my knee and walk and do stairs and attend physio to strengthen my quad and knee.


I am to return to him next Thursday when he will inject some acid into my knee and I will be discharged.....he thinks with good exercises and common sense I shall be back on the courts the second week of January.


I was extremely pleased with all of this news and I had brought a bottle of wine for him, which he thanked me and told me to enjoy myself.


I also had bought wine for my other two doctors and a box of chocolates for the receptionist and I left them all at the desk, the very least I could do to show my appreciation!!


Beto and I then drove about 15 km to a small school out by the dam...it is one of the schools we delivered gifts to last year and they had contacted me again asking if it would be possible to get gifts there again this year.


The principal at this school is a very caring and kind woman and I was happy to deliver gifts to the school this morning.


The children are not allowed in school but what she is going to do tomorrow is to deliver the gifts to her children at their homes....she was so happy to have the gifts and promised to take photos and send them to me..she also knew I had surgery and wished me a speedy recovery.....it was a great visit!


Beto then dropped me at the local supermarket where I picked up a few things before he brought me home.


What a great morning!!


I spent the afternoon on the patio reading and had some soup for dinner before watching my soccer team from England play...unfortunately they are having a dismal season and have not won a game all year and they were beaten again tonight!


Again hard to believe it is almost three weeks since I had the scooter accident and now I have had surgery healing so well and can finally leave my casita.


I have been thinking about the scooter and really do not know what to do...I am not afraid to get on it again but this accident really shook me up and did cause some damage to my body which takes a while to heal..it is so handy to get around town...so going to wait a little while, not ride it and see what happens.





Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!


2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Nice progress! Maybe consider replacing the scooter with a quad?

mexicokid said...

Thanks..I had thought of that butvr3ally not sure what I am going to do at this point..will wait a while..cheers stay safe les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...