Thursday, December 10, 2020

Thursday 10 th December 2020...rehabilitation day one!!

Well I had the best sleep since my accident two weeks ago tomorrow.......I was finally able to turn over and sleep on my stomach and I felt really good this morning...still no pain!


I relaxed and enjoyed  a leisurely time with the iPad and a cup of tea and all the blinds open letting the sunshine in.


Dr.Rangel called me around 10am to check on me and we talked about the crutches and I told him I did not think I need them and he gave me the go ahead to not use them but to be really careful and slow.


He told me to do my exercises throughout the day and that I should ice the knee one more day and he will see me a week from today!!


Gracie came over and we had a nice visit she had the dogs in the car so I could look over the patio and shout out to them....we had a nice visit and she put back all the stuff I had moved before my surgery!!


I then went and sat out in the sun on my small patio..I really enjoyed that with the views, the hummingbirds coming to visit and seeing the mountains....I am still a little overwhelmed by my good fortune!!


Then  I got a telephone call from Jim who is a good friend of Gracie, he lives about five blocks away and he asked if I felt up for a visit and of course I did so he came up had a mask on and we sat and visited and we learned a lot about each other he is a nice man and I liked the time we spent together.


Did some reading and then Jane from downstairs came a calling with a little treat for  me and we also had a lovely conversation I learn a lot from her.....before I knew it it was 6 pm!!


Sadly when I went to turn on the tv and watch Jeopardy this was showing on the screen...






it was strange other channels were fine but not 178!!!


I had a great shower, a nice light dinner and now sat in my new and so comfortable  bath robe with some tea and lemon loaf and about to watch a soccer game.


I have received so many get well and good luck wishes...even Boomer went me his photo...





I like these quotes...



Just kidding!!





So my first day of rehabilitation was a success!!


Happy holidays!!





Stay safe and healthy!,


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...