Sunday, December 06, 2020

Sunday 6th December 2020.....a very productive day!!

I had a good sleep and just really amazed at how well I have healed in just nine days!!


Gracie picked me up at noon with the dogs and we drove out to the campo called Don Francisco....






..this is the village I came to two weeks ago and and it is the big village where we are going to get gifts to over 450 children on Three Kings Day.


I needed to find the Delegate of the village and get the exact numbers of children....we had tried to call him all week without success so decided to come and and see if we could find him.


We both thought it was going to be a losing cause trying to find him but we stopped at a little tienda(small Mum and Pop corner type store) and Gracie went in...  her Spanish is really good and she asked a lady in the store if she knew the man and as the luck always seem to go for me she walked out the store and pointed at the house next door and said he lives there!!


We went there and a man was outside playing with two kids and yes you have guessed it..he was the man we were looking for.


Gracie explained everything to him and he was thrilled that we had picked his village and said the children would be so happy.


It was a perfect meeting and I was so happy to have done this and got it sorted before I get laid up..thanks Gracie!!!


The village is quite large and we saw lots of kids and here are a few shots...











We came back into town and went to the big mall Gracie wanted to look at Printers and I went into the large department store where full Covid precautions were in place and treated myself to a very lovely towel bathrobe!!


This vehicle was in the parking lot...an eccentric American man dresses up his VW beetle several times during the year in different themes for different occasions!!





Back to Gracies house and I had a wonderful long soak in the tub....getting in was easy but getting out not so but with a little help I got out....we ordered pizza to be delivered...and it was a good day!


I am now about to watch my boy hood team from England in a soccer game!!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...