Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Wednesday 13th November 2019..a really great day!!

I was at the gym by 8.30 am for what is now always a 

tough workout but I am so glad I go!!!


Gracie comes home this afternoon so I moved my stuff back to my place and did some chores around town including picking up three photos of mine that I had taken to a small frame shop...




All taken on my safari a few years ago in South Africa!!







The photos are not very good but the quality on the work is so good and can you believe I was charged 200 pesos per frame for the work!!


Off to poker where I sound like a broken record..another 150 pesos win!!


Dropped by to say a quick hello to Gracie and then came home showered and went to pick up yet another birthday cake for one of my students!!


The class tonight was simply amazing...I had invited another nine of my special friends to attend class and eight students showed up!!


So I paired them off and one student Marta having two partners.....I gave them about twenty minutes to talk to each other and ask a lot of questions..


here are Elizabeth and Carlos..





Maggie and Paty....





Juan and Emiterio..





Chris and Adriana...





Kim, Mathew and Marta..




Joy and Lucy





Jen and ILiana..




Nancy and Andrea..





After a while everyone came back into the classroom and each took a turn talking and introducing their new friend....it really was so special I am so proud of everyone of my students!!


Juan won a national dance competition two weeks ago and I got him to come to the front and then brought up Andrea who also studies belly dancing and they did an entertaining little dance routine....







I then surprised Andrea with a birthday cake..it is her birthday on Monday but there is no class as it is a national holiday....


Isn’t this cake amazing????





We all sang to her and then sampled the carrot cake which was delicious!!








You could tell that every had such a good time...I am so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and to be able to teach these amazing students....


Thanks to everyone!!


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

Les, we had a great time and we want to thank you and your class for inviting us.

mexicokid said...

It was pretty special thanks so much for coming..les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...