Sunday, November 03, 2019

Sunday 3 rd November 2019....as my Granny would say..this that and tother!!!!

I had a very leisurely morning and had my breakfast on the deck..it was lovely....until....

I went in to take a shower and when I came out one of these little babies was flying around my room...






I have this outside and often see and hear the hummingbirds..






It took me about ten minutes to get him out through one of my windows!!


Around lunchtime I went over to Gracie’s and picked up Scout and Einstein and took them into the hills..they really like these outings....





It was hot out as you can tell by them resting






And drinking





Lovely scenery...





Back in to town a nice view across the canyon











And a mural outside a school.





A quiet night at home and going to watch a movie on Netflix!!


I like this!!!!


‘Chutzpah’ is a Yiddish word meaning gall, brazen nerve, effrontery, sheer guts plus arrogance; it's Yiddish and, as Leo Rosten wrote, "No other word and no other language can do it justice."

Read the story below the picture and then you will understand.




 

A little old lady sold pretzels on a street corner for 25 cents each.

Every day a young man would leave his office building at lunch time and as he passed the pretzel stand, he would leave her a quarter, but never take a pretzel.

This went on for more than 3 years. The two of them never spoke.

One day, as the young man passed the old lady's stand and left his quarter as usual, the pretzel lady spoke to him.

Without blinking an eye she said: "They're 35 cents now”


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...