Monday, November 11, 2019

Monday 11 th November 2019...Remembrance Day!!!

Before I get to today I have to tell and show photos

of the hike I took the dogs on yesterday...it was a lovely day and they so enjoy going out into the hills.....


On the way there we passed this baseball game being played in just a cleared field..my how they improvise to play their games.





We had to cross this small bridge and the dogs loved it.....














Great views and a nice shortish hike..













Coming back I let them cross off leash...









It was a great time we were gone four hours!!


This morning I was at the gym by 8.30 am and I think Aaron took pleasure in working me very hard.....


Came home and had a good breakfast and relaxed, did some laundry and took the dogs out for about 20 minutes just around the neighborhood...


This afternoon I met with two lovely ladies who have offered to help in a specific way with the Three Kings....


When we go out to deliver the gifts to the kids registered in the schools there are always extra little kids around with their Mums and we want everyone to have a gift....so Gina and Linda have volunteered to be in charge of putting together 150 small bags with little gifts for the younger kids.


I will take them to the Tuesday market next month and they will choose the stuff and sort and pack them and then on the day of delivery be I charge of distributing the gifts.


Had another wonderful class tonight....I asked my students to wear their poppies today and have a minute of silence at 11am and I hoped that family, co workers, friends would ask them what they were doing...the stories they told me melted my heart!!





We finished the class with another project related to Three Kings..another kind lady ordered and bought 130 yo yo’s and 85 spinning tops...to give out as extra gifts, very kind offer ..the only snag is that they all come with out the strings attached.....


So I brought one of each into class and asked them to see if they could string them....they had some fun doing this and then I asked them if next week I could bring all the gifts in and they could work on the strings and of course they said yes!!


Another great day!!


Yashi kochi!!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...