Thursday, November 21, 2019

Thursday 21st November 2019....just a lovely day!!!

It was such a beautiful morning and a joy to be out

on the tennis courts..it was a really good match and so much fun.

They are building a large condo block right next to the courts and the whole time we were playing these guys were up and down on that makeshift ladder hauling buckets of cement..






..such hard work especially in  this heat and they took very few breaks..it does not seem fair!!!


Did a little shopping after tennis including treating myself to this lovely Poinsettia....the garden centres are full of them now and can you believe this one cost me 35 pesos...do the conversion!!





I then went and got my car and picked up the dogs and took them for a great long walk outside the fences of the Botanical gardens..they love to come out with me and scenery was lovely!!!



















We were gone three hours.


The radio in Little Bluey has not worked for a long time and I stopped at two places in the States to try to fix it one guy checked the fuses and said they were fine and suggested I go to a VW dealership....


I also checked with two repair shops in town here and they said the same thing.

Finally I asked the guy that takes care of my mechanical needs for the car and he told me of a guy just out of town that he uses....so I went there today and I had the code for the radio.....he got in the car turned the ignition punched in four numbers from the code and it WORKED!!!!


It was impossible for me to give him any money he simply refused!!!


Chalk up another reason why I love living here!!!


Tonight I went to a security lecture in one of the local hotels....





This man has served many years in prison for house breaking and bank robberies but is now a model citizen....he was a great speaker and a very interesting evening.


Time now for the usual tea, cookie and show!!!!


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

Les, what are some of the things he mentioned which would produce a safer environment around your casita? When out and about, I was taught to be very aware of your surroundings. Another was to try not to be out and about after 12 midnight or 1:00 in the morning alone. If you have to, use the buddy system. You could always carry a pet gorilla with you! LOL! But just wonder what it would cost to feed that sucker!!

mexicokid said...

Really did not learn anything but awareness is huge..I live in a middle class Mexican neighbourhood and feel very safe...one thing I did disagree about what he and other people said was about carrying mace and bear spray with them....I just feel that some of these bad men are really bad men and have zero tolerance for life and would blow you away in a second so hitting them with mace or spray would aggravate the sit none of your possessions are worth that..I say if they demand stuff from you give it to them...also I have a very smart wrist band with my name, blood type, a personal contact and phone number engraved.....this I think everyone should have....have a great day les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...