Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Tuesday April 6th 2021....musings!!

Family and good friends that know me well also know that there is not an artistic or handyman bone in my body...so there was no one more surprised than me this morning.

I do love this new casita everything about it but there were two little problems.....the first one was that when they installed the shower rail they put it too high and my new shower curtain, which I now know only comes in one length, was too short and when I showered water was coming over the lip onto the floor, not a huge problem but one that needed to be addressed.

I went back to the store to see if there were any longe shower curtains but there was not so then I had this brilliant idea.......a photo explains much better than my words could....


Now the curtain goes down the inside of the lip and no more drips....

The second problem was a little more complicated and beyond my area of expertise.....all the appliances in here are new and the stove worked but the power or the burners when on high was very low....and the oven took a long time to warm anything.......I contacted my landlord who lives in California and he told me to get a handyman to look and fix air and to deduct the cost from next month’s rent.

So Jorge came on time this 


It took him no time to determine that the connector in the back was crimped and not allowing sufficient gas through and said I needed to get a new connector......so he left and was back 15 minutes later with a new piece and he installed it and everything works perfectly......took him in total including going to the store 35 minutes and he charged me 300 pesos total....amazing.......in an act of good faith to my great landlord I told him I would take care of this bill.

This was from one year ago.....miss that Boomer!!


Gracie sent another photo of the kids and Negrita from Florida...


This is cute..



Stay safe and healthy!!

Yashi Kochi!!












4 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

The shower curtain solution is epic!

mexicokid said...

Is that a good thing??????

living.boondockingmexico said...

You crack me up! The coffee mug is priceless!

mexicokid said...

We should try it."...les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...