Saturday, April 17, 2021

Saturday 17 th April 2021.. a full day!!

Well a full and lovely day starting with tennis

this morning..all the usual stuff...great weather...good fun...some laughs....the occasional good shot!!!


At noon my friends Terri and Mike picked me up and we drove to Jen’s house, just around the corner, this is where I used to live....Jen is moving house and we offered to help with some of the move so we spent a couple of hours moving art work and boxes.


I then went to get my buddy Frida who is always so happy to see me, we had a good walk and she is so well behaved.





Then tonight I did something I have not done for over a year I went out to a concert..this great band





We’re playing at a local restaurant and I had made a res...it was spaced out seating and I had a great burger and the entertainment was excellent...


Here is a You tube clip taken in the restaurant..


https://youtu.be/uEzmGSMr96s


At the interval one of the waiters came up to me and asked me if I knew a Paola Jimenez and I said I did and he told me that she works in the kitchen....I asked if I could go and talk to her and he said sure.


Paola is one of the girls from CASA Hogar that I sponsored 13 years ago and I have not seen her for a few years..she drifted away from me but I always have happy and good memories of her....


This is Paola in 2012 with her new bike...




It was lovely to see her and she told me her Mum and younger brother also work there and I got to say hello to them as well...then the owner of the restaurant came over and she speaks English and she told me she was very happy to have the family working for her, she knew all about my involvement with the family and she said they were really good workers, so that made me happy!!


So now home and about to watch a soccer game!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

2 comments:

Peter and Shelagh said...

That was a nice thing being able to catch up after all those years. Cheers, Shelagh

mexicokid said...

It sure was it has been nearly two years..so glad she seems to be doing Ok she has had such a hard time..cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...