Friday, April 23, 2021

Friday 23 rd April 2021..this and that!!

Well a bit of a day!!


First the balloon photos from my roof top before 8 am this morning..








This I took off the Internet...





I really spent most of the morning on the phone and making email messages and doing some research.

The view through two of my windows...











Here is the story....Blaze my new car has been in a covered garage in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island since I flew here on 1 st October.....






The US border remains close to Canadians so I have been unable to get Blaze here.....so I have decided that I will fly to Seattle in two weeks and have her transported across the border by a moving company who are allowed to ship vehicles and then I will pick her up...but more on that trip in a few days.


Covid is so bad on Vancouver Island and the mainland that the government has made non essential travel restricted as and from today....





The problem would be for me to get the car on the ferry and over to the mainland.....


I had a lot of communication with Heather in Nanaimo and sadly her Mum, Ruth who lives on the mainland has been in and out of hospital this last week....so Heather decided today that she would go visit her Mum and she would go over in Blaze, which is what she did.


I am so grateful to Heather for getting the car insured, the plates put on and getting to the mainland..many many thanks๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™


So now Blaze is on the right side of the pond and we will arrange to get her to the office of the company who will transport her another day.


I had a great walk with Frida this afternoon and was amazed to see this workman.....








He must be so tired at night!!


Tonight was a first for me......a few weeks ago I applied to this organization to be an English Tutor..


Jรณvenes Adelante 2021 Class Hopefuls Are at the Door...

If not lining up around the block! The application process opened early for this incoming class. Covid be damned – JA is in the early stages of its most exciting time of the year! 

25-New-Students-Need-your-Sponsorship-Please-Become-a-New-Sponsor-Today-min.png



Who are these 127 who completed their application entering round 2? San Miguel residents – regardless of where they go to school – coming fresh out of high school, or 1st year university students. They have high grades and economic need; they are young adults still in the formation stage; they are either the first in their family to strive for university, or are in the first generation within their family (parents did not go to university, perhaps a sibling has.) Whether ultimately admitted to JA or not, each of these students strives to reach a level of education that will forever change their and their families’ social mobility, and by extension their lives.

Whatever the field of chosen study and eventual career path, these young scholars choose higher education. They choose their goals and their path. JA is here to help them at every step of the journey if accepted into the program, and to dramatically improve their chances of success. With financial support, with a mentor, with a computer, with psychological support, with a student and graduate network, with an auxiliary skills program and network, with love, through final credentialing payments, and with a track record of 85% success.


I was accepted and was paired with Vane who I met for the first time tonight.....


What a delightful young woman with amazing English skills.....we sat and talked for about 80 minutes and I think we bonded very well and we will meet every week and when I go away can continue with Zoom meetings....it was the highlight of my day!!


Now going to watch a recorded tennis match from Barcelona!!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...