Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Wednesday 17th June 2020....Day 120!!!!


A bit of this and that today....


started my day off by going to the tennis courts and playing for about 90 minutes under brilliant sunny skies!!!


Came home and watched highlights from this soccer game in England!,





This team is my boyhood team and one I so badly wanted to play for when I was a kid!!


The game in Europe now is so important and Tv money rights are huge and the reason why this verdict below could prove so costly for my team.


Instead of getting the three points for a win they had to settle for one point for a draw and the reason this is important is that these points may make or break whether they get to play in Europe next season which would be such a huge financial gain for the team.....technology????



The operator of the Premier League's goalline technology system has apologised after an error denied Sheffield United a goal in their 0-0 draw at Aston Villa.

Villa goalkeeper Orjan Nyland carried Oliver Norwood's 42nd-minute free-kick over the line.

But referee Michael Oliver did not receive a signal to indicate a goal.

"I think the goalkeeper was in the Holte End when he caught it," said Blades boss Chris Wilder.


Hawk-Eye said it "unreservedly apologises", and acknowledged that the ball had gone over the line.

The company added it was the first time such an error had occurred in more than 9,000 matches using the system.

It explained that all seven of its cameras monitoring the goal were obscured by either the goalkeeper, a defender or the goalpost.

Wilder, who was seen to approach Oliver at the interval, added: "Seven cameras haven't picked it up - the most technical league in the world - everything we see at every angle and it hasn't seen a goal.

"We went to Tottenham last year, John Lundstram's big toe was offside and I was hanging around in the pouring rain for 10 minutes waiting for a decision. I don't understand why I can't wait 10 minutes in Birmingham.

"The statement has come out and it is unprecedented, unbelievable."

The body responsible for Premier League referees - the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) - said that video assistant referee had not intervened due to the "unique" situation of the on-field match officials not receiving a signal.

Hawk-Eye added that the system had been tested before the match, and was confirmed to be working by referee Oliver and his fellow officials.

The company said: "Hawk-Eye unreservedly apologises to the Premier League, Sheffield United and everyone affected by this incident."

In what was the first Premier League match since 9 March - the season having been halted by the coronavirus pandemic - the result leaves the Blades in sixth in the Premier League, while Aston Villa remain 19th.

Before the match both sets of players took a knee in support of the Black Lives Matter movement.


Later this afternoon I took Boomer out for a really nice river hike here...





He was off leash and loving the trails, his stick and being in the river...



















Afterwards we sat on the head land overlooking the river and me in my new portable lounge chair!!!





I the stopped by at a grocery store I had not been to before and look what I found in the bakery department!!!!





These tarts Gracie and I got hooked on in Portugal two years ago...






The recipe for this country favorite dates back over 300 years to Belém, a civil parish located west of Lisbon. Pastéis de nata were created by monks in the Jerónimos Monastery, a major tourist attraction today and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. At that time, the nuns and monks used egg whites to starch their clothes, and the left over egg yolks became a major ingredient in desserts.


We went to this restaurant and I will not tell you how many I had!!!


Stay safe and healthy!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...