Sunday, June 07, 2020

Sunday 7th June 2020...Day 110!!!!

MY DAD!!!!


On October 27th 1919 William Percy Pearson entered this world and he had a wonderful 87 years on the planet!!





This is my Dad and Mum, Auntie Rita and my Dad’s brother Bram, who I mentioned in yesterday’s blog!!





Although small in statute he was a commanding figure and after starting out as a fireman stoking the furnaces on steam trains he joined the Britanic Insurance company when my brother was just a baby.....he had a very successful career finishing up as a district manager.


Sadly the love of his life passed away in 1995 and he was never the same man!!


At this time I was living in Nanaimo and around 2000 he came over for an extended visit.


I was working afternoon shift in the restaurant at this time and I shall never forget the day I came home after one shift!


I was renting a small basement flat which had a nice balcony overlooking a small forest.......when I came home from work I asked Dad how is day was.


Never seen him so excited to tell me he had spent almost two hours in the lounge chair on my balcony watching a deer that was in the bush directly below him, not 15 feet away.


He told me how fascinating it was to watch this deer and he told me the deer washed every part of his body except his neck......my Dad was very happy and I was too.


Since then I can never look at a deer without thinking of my Dad!!


Another time I was driving Ramona late at night looking for a place to pull off the road and park and sleep when this huge buck, just like this one..





Ran right across the road in front of me......my Dad telling me to pull over!!


On his birthday a few years ago this photo was taken....




This one was taken on my Mum’s birthday..





So you see deer mean a lot to me....


So...


When I got up this morning and opened my bedroom blinds look who was outside my window!!!





When the deer stood up I realized it was a Mum and was pregnant and she stayed in the yard for a long time...






We were hoping she would give birth in the yard where she would be safe but sadly when I returned from tennis she was gone!!



Deer have played important roles in my life ever since.


When I received the middle of the night telephone from my brother telling me Dad had passed away....I did not go back to sleep and when it was light I opened the curtains of the basement flat I was renting and saw this sight outside the  window...







This is in sign language!!





Great news for the Island!!





Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...