Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Tuesday 24 th December 2019....have a joyous day!!!

It was a tad warmer this morning and I still feel a little stuffed up but I think being on the tennis courts for two hours in lovely sunshine was a good tonic for me this Christmas Eve!!


Afterwards I had a chance to come home and grab a bite to eat and then head up to meet my friend Daryl at the Tuesday market.


Daryl has a spacious truck and a good job as we picked up 280 purses loaded with nice small gifts for the primary girls!!!


140 kindergarten bags for the girls and these are filled with lots of little treasures!!


Finally 500 pairs of sock!!


All are now safely stowed in my Jen’s casita awaiting me to sort them out I to the schools next week!


So as you can tell the Toy drive is winding down but always still time to donate..contact me..





mexicokid99@yahoo.ca


All that is left is to buy some smaller gift bags and put some little gifts in for the children that are not registered in the  schools we go to but they come along with their Moms!!!


So it has been a huge success and I have almost reached my projected goal of 100,000 pesos.....thanks to everyone who has contributed so very kind!!


The next phase after Christmas is to sort the gifts out into the 12 schools....then the 2nd January inflate 475 soccer balls..I have some elves to help me and the use of four generators so this should be not so bad...

We then make the convey to the schools on Friday 3 rd January 2020.. more on than later.


So a great day......


I want to wish all my family and friends a wonderful holiday season and may all your dreams come true as we enter a new decade!!



And remember to share the love!!!






Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...