Tuesday, December 31, 2019

(Temporary Backup) Tuesday 31 st December 2019...goodbye decade!!!

Hard to believe it is the last day of the decade!!!!

Fitting that I should play tennis this morning as for the last decade tennis has been a huge part of my life on the courts and in the stands and in the next few months as I take off on another epic journey tennis will still play a huge role in my life!!!


We finally have the plaque made for our wonderful and greatly missed tennis partner, Carolyn......the shadows do not give it full justice but it is a lovely tribute!!





Jen and Loren the other members of the group that has played together for many years!!





After coming home and getting changed I went up to the Tuesday market to buy the last of the little gifts for the children not registered bin the schools we are going to but always come with their Mum....so at least they get a little something..I bought another 120 pairs of baby socks and some hair stuff!


Then went over to my old casita where all the gifts are stored and spent three hours there putting socks into 440 bags for the girls.


Everything is coming together I will sort the gifts out into the schools tomorrow and on Thursday I have a work party with three compressors ready to inflate 500 soccer balls...I do have amazing friends willing to always help!!


Tonight going for our final Mexican Train game of the year and ordered a fun cake to take over!!





I do expect to be home well before midnight and may watch the fireworks from my roof top if I stay awake!!





An amazing  last ten years..





Bring on another year!





 Any blessings and best wishes to all my family, friends and everyone out there..be safe and happy!!


Yashi Kochi!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Happy new year Les. May the new decade bring much joy, travel and... tennis!

mexicokid said...

Thanks and it will best wishes les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...