Sunday, December 15, 2019

Sunday 15th December 2019....down time!!!

Today was a lovely easy day for me..


I relaxed this morning and watched a wonderful live soccer game from England...


Spoke to my Brother Malc and Janet for a while catching up on all their news...


I then went to have brunch and say goodbye to Paula and Jerry they leave mañana!!


This is their rig which they have driven all the way from Nova Scotia!!





Our friend Chris joined us and we had delicious dogs!!!!





Great conversations and sad to say goodbye but I will see them again in June of next year when I stop off for three days on my way back from Paris!!


Went into the local market with Gracie and the dogs and bought 40 gifts for one school that has secondary age girls.....picked out a nice Christ bag and some lovely stuff to put inside.



This is about the toy drive!!


The Christmas season is fast approaching and so this is my final drive for donations for the Three Kings Toy Drive. 100% of the donations go directly to buying gifts for the children in the Campo.

500 soccer balls have been ordered and paid!

300 Purses filled with small gifts for the girls have been ordered and paid.

I need to complete the purchases for the the kindergarten girls and buy small gift bags for the children that are not registered in the schools. They always attend with their parents and siblings, and we give them a little something, too.

If you live in San Miguel de Allende and would like to donate, please contact me directly. I am happy to come to you to pick up your donation.

If you do not live here I have a GOFUNDME account:


https://www.gofundme.com/f/three-kings-day-toy-drive

 

Please remember if you use this account the amount your donation will be in Canadian dollars.

El Día de Los Reyes is very important to the families in Mexico. Let’s work together to make this a special day for some of the less fortunate children here in this magical town.

Many thanks and best wishes...


Time for a long hot shower!!!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...