Saturday, December 21, 2019

Saturday 21 st December 2019...happy solstice!!

ok enough already!!!!!


The sunshine and warmer temperatures are supposed to arrive on Monday...today was another gloomy cold day, but a good day for playing tennis which is what I did this morning, always fun and just so blessed I can play so much with no ailments!!


From tennis I went up to the big Mall where two of my friends Rock and Mike were waiting for me with their trucks to await the arrival of Moses and the delivery of 505 soccer balls!!


Moses was on time and the transfer of the balls went smoothly and quickly!!











From there we went to another friends studio, Diane had kindly let me store the balls in her art studio....






The whole job just took over one hour..thanks everyone!!


I went home and got cleaned up and went to yet another friends house, Jen, where I used to live in her casita, for a solstice party!!




Earth will celebrate a special occasion on Saturday night (Dec. 21) as the December solstice officially heralds celestial winter in the Northern Hemisphere. Meanwhile, the Southern Hemisphere will mark the beginning of summer. 

It is also the last solstice of the Decade!!

The exact moment of solstice occurs at 11:19 p.m. EST (0419 GMT on Dec. 22), according to the Farmer's Almanac. At this point, the sun is directly over the latitude known as the Tropic of Capricorn. This is the furthest south that the sun will ever be over Earth's surface. 

Up north, the night will be the longest it's been all year, while down south of the equator, people will have experienced their longest day of the year. 



It was a very lovely gathering with some awesome food, new friends and great conversations!


I have another friend who volunteered to make two more crowns for the toy drive...

The one in the back is the original and he did a great job of the two new ones..Thanks Mike!!




Now home and have the little heater on and going to watch a movie!!


Hope you all have a great weekend !!


Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...