Friday, July 16, 2021

Friday 16th July 2021...Blaze!!

Most of you know I bought my first ever new car almost a year ago to the day and I really enjoy having Blaze sitting in the garage here in San Miguel....

I also have my scooter which I use the majority of the time when I am not walking to so many things in my neighbourhood..


I think I mentioned last week that I noticed that the glass had been broken in the small compartment where the running light and indicator shows at the front of the car..



I took the car to my mechanic on Monday and he ordered a part from a parts company in Mexico City at a cost of 1500 pesos but when I went to drop the car off the next day to have it installed he said he was sorry they had sent the wrong part and in fact did not have that part at all......Omar also told me that the only place I would be able to get it was at the dealership in town at a cost of 6500 pesos.

I told him I would take the car home and figure out my options...I thought about getting the part from the dealership where I bought the car on Vancouver Island but then thought about the shipping problems and cost and when I asked how much the part was there it was the same price as the dealership here.

So I decided I would buy the part here and I went to the dealership to order the part and they quoted me 5600 pesos so I paid that and hopefully the part will be here in the next few days and then I can take it to Omar to install...

When I brought Blaze back I stopped at the car wash three hundred yards from my casita....they do an amazing job power washing and detailing all for 100 pesos and big tip....so now Blaze is resting in the garage clean and happy, like me!!!

Stay safe and healthy!!

Yashi Kochi!!






No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...