Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Tuesday 27th August 2019....A day in my life in Mexico!!!

So come with me on my typical Mexican day.....


Starting around 8 am..sitting up in bed with a cuppa tea and checking out stuff on the Internet whilst looking out my five bay windows at the mountains!!


I then have fresh strawberries and yogurt for breakfast, get on the scooter and go into town to do some chores....


On the way I see this amazing sight!!!



A workman on a ladder, a flower girl and a donkey with soil on his back!!!


Then went to this lady for my fresh veggies and fruit and finally home!





I sit and watch about an hour of live tennis from NYC and then decide it is time for a visit to my favourite hike in SMA especially in the rainy season!!


These fantastic shots all take place with an easy 45 minute walk from the big grocery store La Commer.


The hike is up to the cross....can you see it??






 but first I cross a small stream and then trek through some brush coming out at this entrance to the canyon!





From here it is about twenty minutes uphill but the views on the way are rewarding..





Finally at the summit and I never get tired of this view!!!







Then it is a flat short walk to here....see anything??









Yes a suspense bridge!!


The bridge is private and I just went on about twenty feet to get this view!!








Did you know I love waterfalls!!


Next I drop down into the canyon where I love to sit and think..where the graffiti is there is another waterfall...





Finally the top where the rain water runs down from the mountains..





Over the rocks...







Into the pool...


This is where I had my lunch..


On the way back out of the canyon I came across my favourite animals....it seems when ever I come here I always see the white horse I had some 🥕 with me but this time she would not come to me..maybe too many horses around!!









Always see these guys....







I came around the bend and meet two older woman and a man, they looked to be indigenous and I said hello and started to tell them in my broken Spanish how nice it was up here when one of the women started answering in English ...her English was better than my Spanish.


We chatted for a few minutes and I told her how good her English was and I also told her about the School because she said she wanted to improve her English....I told her when registration was and if she was interested I would pay her first semester tuition, only 400 pesos...will be fun to see if she takes me up on my offer!!


The trip back down was easy and I was back at the scooter less than three hours later...


Stopped at this local restaurant 





For their daily take out special of country fried chicken...



I had been home no less than ten minutes when the skies opened again and another huge downpour and thunder!!







Now had dinner, a long hot shower and settling down to watch Nadal play in NYC!!


How was that for a day??


Yashi Kochi!!

4 comments:

Dee Tillotson said...

When your casita is on the top floor and it storms with loud thunder and lightning, how do you watch say the US Open and hear what is going on with the tournament? Maybe turn up the volume on the television.

mexicokid said...

Actually the commentary is in Spanish so I have the volume on low...really just enjoy watching..lp

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

A wonderful day in SMA! So many similarities with Vancouver Island qua creeks, pothole swimming spots and a suspension bridge. Of course the cross reminds me of Mount Tzouhalem... You live beautifully.

mexicokid said...

I know all those place and have been to the cross as well....I am blessed cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...