Saturday, August 24, 2019

Saturday 24th August 2019...home again!!!

Well I was awake at 4.30am and even though I don’t make a habit of driving at night I decided to get on the road....I knew it was toll roads and I piggy backed another car and all was well....

Can you believe after all that excruciating heat this morning was cool, grey skies and intermittent rain for about four hours!!!









I knew it was going to be a long long day but I was ready for it with frequent stretch stops...light food....lots of drink and good music and an active brain to solve all my issues🤓


Really a nice drive through the mountains..I went through a couple of police and military check points, waved through!!


So after eleven hours and problem free I get into the suburbs of SMA and there was a huge police check point and I got pulled over!!


Let me back up about two years my front licence came loose whilst I was on a trip and instead of losing the plate I put it under the rear cover where the spare wheel is located and I never attached it back and never been asked about it until just now.


The police office I think told me I needed the plate and then he asked for driving licence and documents and was about to write me a ticket....I tried to tell him that it had come off and I have it in the rear of my car......so he asked to see it!!


So what did I have in the back of the car???


My suitcase and all the stuff I had brought back...so I had to unload it all on the ground and dig through and get my plate!!


I was not thrilled but I guess he was doing his job...I really thought he was going to give me a ticket....but he put his pad away and told me to go!!


Loaded everything back and finally home!!!


It feels really good to be home and my casita looks amazing I really like it here..


So it was an amazing trip I sorted some of the health and financial issues I had and saw some of my old friends!!

now glad to be home and more travelling till February!!


Yashi Kochi!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...