Saturday, August 03, 2019

Saturday 3 rd August 2019.....a mini road trip!!

Happy birthdays to my great Nephew Tom, who turns 14 today and also to Peter, my cousin Shelia’s husband who turns...well let’s not say...Happy Birthday!!

This morning I took Boomer to the doggie spa for a bath and a haircut..the before ...





And after shots....







It only took the lady one hour and cost four times as much as it would have in SMA!!


I then got packed up for a days adventure first to here...







The Historic Kinsol Trestle is open to the public for cyclists, hikers and equestrians to experience the full Cowichan Valley Trail in the Cowichan Region. The Kinsol Trestle is one of eight trestles along the Cowichan Valley Trail route and by far the largest and most spectacular. The Kinsol Trestle is one of the tallest free-standing and most spectacular timber rail trestle structures in the world. At 187 metres in length and standing 44 metres above the salmon bearing Koksilah River, the Kinsol is an incredible structure.


This really is an amazing piece of construction....enjoy...















I then went to this lovely little park...












Views on the way back into the city of Duncan..












I think this one could be a perfect postcard!!





The down town is quite lovely..







My friend Sara, who come to SMA every winter to house sit lives in Duncan and I always stop by and see her...today we went to a local restaurant to meet Shelagh and Peter, another couple I know.

They have been reading my blog for a long time and last year I came to Duncan and had a meal with them..so the four of us had a delicious meal at a local pub and great to catch up on all our news!!!


Sara and I then went to an out door concert.....the performers I had never heard of but apparently they are well know in Canada and they were really good writers and musicians....it was a good night...







So a long but good day for me!!!


Yashi Kochi !!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

It was so nice to see you again and meet Sara. We our our little city and the Cowichan Valley. Safe travels!

Cheers, Peter and Shelagh.

mexicokid said...

Thanks sorry I forgot to post the photo in the restaurant will do it tonight..cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...