Monday, August 19, 2019

Monday 19th August 2019......The Tour de France...almost...!!!!

Today is going to be a long day....

Had a nice breakfast again and was down to the bus by 8.30am...took the bus into the city and stopped at a bike rental shop...hired a bike and off around the sea wall on Stanley Park....this park was rated number one park in the world by Trip Advisor six years ago...


There is a designated path going one way around the park.....some wonderful views..









Here I would like you to meet Tiny Little Bluey!!!





Great views around every corner..









The famous Lions Gate bridge!!









A lovely landmark..



I know this is hard to read!!







And then a great beach..









A swimming pool..





And finally geese on the road...






It was a wonderful ride and afterwards I relaxed with an hours cruise around the harbour aboard this paddle wheel vessel!!!







The British Columbia flag...





Some views of down town..



How on earth do these ships float!!!










I then caught a bus back to the Airbnb where the very kind hosts had allowed me at no extra charge to store my suitcase for the day and have a shower!!


Then a short walk to the bus station and the bus dropped me right outside the train station....and on the train I sat right at the front..





It took me two stope to realize where the heck was the driver????


There is no driver..it must be magic!!


So now in the airport lounge all checked in and I have two hours to wait for my flight to Dallas...a three hour layover there and I arrive in Tucson tomorrow morning at 9am!!


So I say farewell to 🇨🇦 again!!


Thanks for great memories!!

Yashi Kochi 

3 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

A wonderful day in the city, Stanley Park was one of our regular haunts. Girl in a Wetsuit is over 7' tall! It was nice to see you again this summer... Hopefully an annual event! Safe travels...

Rita from Phoenix said...

Thank you for taking me back to Stanley Park. I so remember that bridge and the beach with logs as sitting areas.

mexicokid said...

Great Peter and Rita you are so welcome it was truly a great day..les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...