Thursday, December 06, 2007

 

 

 

 



Was expecting to wake up today to the forecasted showers but it was bright and sunny so I made the trip to Solvang. The first batch of photos were just interesting sights on the way there. Solvang is about 40 miles from Santa Barbara and was established in 1911 as a Danish-American colony and is now one of the principal tourists attractions in the country.

It was like stepping back in time and reminded me of my visits to Europe as a little kid. The small speciality stores and the smells from the bakeries and the coffee houses were everywhere. Just a very neat little town nestled in the sprawling Rancho San Carlos de Jonata mountain range.

The area around here is quite beautiful and although very expensive a highly desirable place to re-locate, the temperatures are likened to the Mediterranean and all seems clear, clean and bright.

So as the storms seems to be abaiting in the north I am happy to have been in such a lovely place. My plans are to stay here till Monday then move onto Phoenix to make a delivery for a friend and then move in to Mexico. Wish you all a great day..
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...