Saturday, December 15, 2007

 

I do have to say how sorry I am to my friends in Nanaimo and Annie particulary, but there is just no easy way to say this and I know I sound like a broken record, but what shall I do lie? Well I woke up today to a sunny bright morning, there I said it!!
I joined Guy and another of his friends for breakfast at the restaurant apparently they have a small club that meets every saturday morning for breakfast and have done so for a number of years they called themselves the O.F.C. should be easy to figure out what that means. I felt priveledged to be asked to join this morning considering how much younger I am!! It was a great breakfast then I joined Linda and another kind local store owner and we packaged together a gift basket for 105 children. These are children that Linda and the other man found out would be without anything on that special day for kids. The photograph is a picture of the toys we bought last night. Each child will receive a nice toy, a warm sweater or coat, some candy, toothbrush. I know it is only a small token but to know that all these children will receive something Christmas Day must bring a smile and a glow to everyone's hearts. We were about three hours doing this, then I rode my bike back to the park and went for a long walk on the beach and as it was a little windy I found a sheltered spot by Ramona and caught up on my novel. Then it was a shower and Linda is coming to pick me up at 6pm because you know it is two days since I had their fabulous fish and chips. There it is another lovely day. Wish you all a happy weekend filled with joy, love and peace....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...