Thursday, December 13, 2007

Good evening from Ramona and me, we just witnessed our first sunset and the two beach photographs are taken from the same spot on the beach about 90 minutes apart and this is 50 feet from where I am parked, doesn't get much better!
Slept like a baby last night and woke up to a cool but sunny morning. I went around and did a few motor home chores, had breakfast and biked into town to the restaurant, Old Port Galley and then Linda and I went to a small storage room where she has all the clothes, blankets and toys that need to be packaged and sorted out and that is what we did this morning. This year Linda has downsized her enormous talent of organizing food packages for many families and she is this year doing parcels for 10 specially needy families. So we tried to make sure that each child received some warm clothing, blanket and a toy and also clothes for the parents, these will be added to over the next couple of days and supplemented with food staples and we will deliver them next Monday. It is such a rewarding time to know that at least a small part of this community will have and know what the true spirit of Christmas means and will be warm, fed and feeling wanted. I have been doing this with Linda for 5 years now and the joy and peace and fulfillment it brings is overwhelming.
I then came back home and had a walk on the beach I think I walked about 4 miles one way and then back and the whole time I saw two people. This is a really slow time for this town until after the holidays.
Tonight it is planning the next phase of the trip whilst listening to the Canucks hockey game on the radio.
At the risk of upsetting some of my readers I must tell you that during my walk I did stop for about 45 minutes laid down on the sand and sunbathed!!!!! Forgive me Annie I had to mention that!! I will miss survivor tonight so I hope somebody will e mail me and tell me who got kicked off tonight. Blessings to all.

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...