Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Tuesday 2 Nd March 2021...a busy day

Starting off with two great hours on the tennis courts....

Great way to start my day......home in time to get cleaned up and have some lunch and then off to Mort’s house he had very kindly offered to drive his truck for our adventure this afternoon.....

We went and met Chris and Juan, my good friends from Monterrey, Mexico who are visiting for a few days and then we drove out in different vehicles to pick up the five eco friendly stoves.....

Eric the owner of the small company did a great job....


We drove out to the campo where Joyce the American lady lives ..... but was not there today but had given me a list of the four poorest families....

The first home we went to was Arturo and his family......he looked good and is recovering really well from his surgeries..here he is with his Mum..

Can you believe this lady has seven children, all very happy and humble!!

Chris and Juan explained how the stove works...

The stoves are really wonderful and are fuelled with small twigs and tree cuttings...


We delivered the rest of the stoves and everywhere we went we were met with such joy and thankfulness!!


This is where they used to cook before the stove...

It was a great afternoon and thanks to everyone who helped today and also those kind people who have donated towards the cost of the stoves ....it is 1200 pesos for one stove and this will change their lives I know for a fact!

I then went and picked up my best friend Frida, again always so happy to see me and we had a good walk...

Not a bad fitness day!!


Stay safe and healthy!!

Yashi Kochi!!


















No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...