Sunday, March 14, 2021

Sunday 14th March 2021.....just a year ago...

Happy Mother’s Day to my adorable sister in law Janet....today is Mums day in England and I do believe my brother was cooking Janet lunch..





This is what happened one year ago today...interesting my comments about what was going to happen!!!


Saturday 14 th March 2020...Day 31!!

My kind hostess suggested a wonderful waterfall hike to me on way north and  I checked it out and yes..ten waterfalls and you can even go behind a couple of them.

So I left around 8.30 am and drove to the trail head...well almost to the trail head...


This is what I encountered!!










It was at this point






That common sense, which I sometimes lack, kicked in and I stopped turned around and forgo the hike till some other time...


I made it back to the Interstate and for over an hour this was the drive.....









after I passed Portland the snow stopped and eventually it was clear.


Around 4.30pm I checked into my motel in Port Angels, Washington , the room is basic but clean and has all I need.


It is cold outside but I wanted to have a nice dinner and I saw on the way in what looked like a good restaurant and I went back...good choice....I enjoyed my chicken fried dinner with mashed potatoes!!


Now settled in for the night...I have been catching up on the news and things are getting crazy everywhere....I have decided to sit tight for a few days see what develops and then decided about my Europe trip.


I get the 2 pm ferry tomorrow  afternoon from here to Victoria on Vancouver Island and should be with Heather and Kirby by 6 pm mañana!


Stay safe and healthy!!


Yashi Kochi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...